By Rachell Smith
Before we start to work on our 2019 goals, we wanted to take some time to reflect on an incredibly successful 2018. From business growth to accolades, join us in recognizing the outstanding achievements of some of our clients and community leaders — and a few of our own as well.
From our list of exceptional services aimed at breakthrough performance, our Breakthrough Consulting package proved to be incredibly successful. This service analyzes and identifies an organization’s pain points and strengths and develops the tactics to move the company forward. This includes: scalable management and accountability structures, financial forecasting, addressing financial issues, and other areas as identified.
Our clients listed below all participated in our Breakthrough Consulting service in 2018 and are continuing to learn and build the necessary infrastructure to support their strategic growth plan and achieve success. During our engagements, our goal is not for our clients to win awards such as the ones outlined below, but it is always a welcome byproduct to see our clients reach new heights and be recognized for their hard work.
Priority Architectural Graphics, San Francisco-based signage firm
- Small Business of the Year: Nominated by California State Senator Scott Wiener as a part of California State Legislature’s Small Business Day 2018, Priority Architectural Graphics earned the award thanks to their outstanding performance as a signage contractor in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Top 100 Women-Owned Businesses: For the third time, Priority Architectural Graphics earned a spot on this list of local business women and leaders in the Bay Area based on their company-wide revenues.
- Awarded SFO Terminal 1 Project: Priority Architectural Graphics has deep knowledge of the importance of proper signage in transportation facilities to provide valuable information to commuters and visitors.
Anita’s Mexican Foods, Inc. , family-owned and operated multi-generation food manufacturer
- Mauro Gomez, Vice President of Sales & Marketing, was named as a Director-at-Large for SNAC International, serving on its Board of Directors. SNAC International is the global trade association of the snack industry and represents snack manufacturers and suppliers.
- Pacific Coast Business Times #1 Best Place to Work: Once again claiming the top spot, Morris & Garritano is continuing their over 130 year tradition of fostering collaboration, trust, and support.
- Insurance Journal’s Best Agency to Work For and National Underwriter’s Agency of the Year: The Best Agency to Work For award is based on anonymous employee responses and Morris & Garritano earned it for the second year in a row. The Agency of the Year award is based on an evaluation of client services, claims handling, new technologies, marketing, and customer retention.
- Best Practices Status: For the third consecutive year, Morris & Garritano earned Best Practices status from the Independent Insurance Agents & Brokers of America (IIABA).
- Kerry Morris, Top 50 Women in Business: Morris & Garritano COO Kerry Morris earned a spot on the Pacific Coast Business Times’ Top 50 Women in Business.
- 2018 Top Solar Contractors List: Recognized at #223 out of 450 nationwide solar energy companies by Solar Power World magazine, A.M. Sun Solar is the highest ranked solar company in SLO County.
- Inc. 5000 List of Fastest-Growing Private Companies: For the third time, A.M. Sun Solar earned a spot on Inc. magazine’s Inc. 5000 list. Coming in at #1,484 with a 317% three-year revenue growth, A.M. Sun Solar can say they’re the second fastest growing company on the Central Coast in 2017.
All About Events, premier wedding and event rental company
- 2018 California Wedding Day Best Of: For the third year in a row, All About Events earned the #1 spot on California Wedding Day’s ‘Best Of’ list showcasing exceptional wedding vendors on the Central Coast.
- Steven Herring, owner, named Templeton Chamber of Commerce Citizen of the Year.
Collaboration Business Consulting
We also had an outstanding year full of growth, just like our clients. Some quick highlights include:
- Bringing on additional team members to provide management consulting, marketing and sales support, including Rick Berard, Kristin Mehiel, Marie Lopez, and Kristin Boza.
- We updated the names of our product offerings to better communicate our outstanding and proprietary consulting process. Our suite of consulting services aim to boost even more businesses. Read more about them here.
- We developed a 100% complimentary Resource Center with white papers, webinars, and more available to business leaders and their teams.
- Michael Gunther and Erin Hoffman were accepted into the esteemed Forbes Coaches Council. Stay tuned to our blog and social media to read their articles.
- Michael Gunther joined the Board of Directors supporting the Golden Gate Business Association (GGBA), which champions opportunity, development, and advocacy for the LGBTQ and Allied business community.
- The consultant formerly known as Newburn got an updated name; I now am Rachell Smith and the proud wife of my new husband, Shea.
Welcome 2019, let’s make it the best year yet. Thank you to our clients for giving us the opportunity to make an impact in your lives, your organizations and the communities in which you serve; we are thrilled to be your trusted advisors as you embark on a new year and growth journey.